Concert for Cause, Concert for God's Glory!

Date: April 20, 2010
Place: Araneta
What: Touching Heavens with Darlene Zshech and the Hillsong Worship Team

The day where prayers where answered by our dear father, Lord God in heaven. Right now, di pa rin sya nagsisink in. It's beyond awe. beyond wonders...

I was given an opportunity to serve God by being part of the production team. Imagine?? ME??? that alone is mouth dropping!

-Background: Last november 2009 I was almost begging God to make it possible for me to go to australia to participate the Hillsong Concert. But God said no. I was making reasons like, if i go ill have this boldness and in depth knowledge and therefore ill be changed and ill be a good preacher (maybe God was saying "Yeah right!". haha!). But still the answer is No. He told me that i dont need to go to australia just to become good in talking about Him (God). My response to that was... "okay, fine. sige hindi na :( " (hehehe..) So I dropped the idea. ANd move on with my life.

So back to present. Yehhhhhs! See?? God said no, but then He gave me a much much much much better one. I just cant find the words to describe.

Unforgettable moments:
  • When the band started playing Might To Save, i looked at Oasis since I know it is her fave. She was like "Shao!!! Mighty to save!" Then I hugged her. And we hug each other while we are singing and crying! haha! First part and i am singing at the top of my lungs, jumping, praying, crying... and crying.. aahhh what an awesome worship it is!!! (ooops, di na ako nagwork? haha! mm.. wala naman na pong gagawin that time eh. hehehe pish! bumalik naman po ako sa post ko. hehehee)
  • All the songs! I love all the songs! Ive been singing all those for years and hearing them live was amazing!! Darlene was so nice. She keeps on saying in different ways that the night is for praise and worship and it is not about the band. It just says that her heart is in the right place.
  • The audience.. almost all was praising the Lord. It was an amazing view. Amazing!!! How great is our God?
  • When the whole prod team prayed around afternoon. We prayed with our hearts for the immigration didn't released the band's work permit for some reasons. And we could feel God's presence at that time. I think everyone cried or at least got teary eye. And God faithfully answered our prayers. The commissioner signed their docs 2 hrs before the concert (did I got the details right?)
  • Friends I got to know even for a short period of time. =) God has chosen us and called us to be part of this team for more reason that are yet to unfold. =) Thank you for being so nice. I've learned a lot from everyone.
It was such an honor to work with talented individuals. Thank you for giving me this opportunity. God-willing, I'll be able to worked with you guys again.

Indeed, the night was not all about the band. It was not about anyone, not even about myself. It was all about God's glory. And I felt blessed by it.

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand days elsewhere" =)

Comments

Popular Posts