Fast Forward: Loneliness in Marriage

Yes, fast forward I'm married now for 6 years now (wait what?).
Most of my blog posts are during my pre-quarter life crisis (yes, very "babaw" childish posts harhar).

Yes, im married. A young family of 3.
And for some time now I am on this side of marriage that I did not know about (its nothing new to the society but I am/was oblivious).

it's called Loneliness in Marriage (i just made this title).
*from talkspace.com ctto*

I thought being with someone whom you know that is given/ordained by God, I would be somehow spared for such thing (naive, right?). I did not foresee, expected it to happen (and who wouldve?). I know its not a bed of roses. But still...

Anywho, I guess it makes it more lonely because of the fact you are expecting each other to be 'one' and to be there with you. You know the kind of loneliness that even if that someone is physically there.... the connection is empty? (wala ngang any time eh) I always ask myself - "is there something wrong with me"? But i do not think that how I feel is fake as well.

We grew apart because of the adulting duties & responsibilities. We forgot how to protect that once union we had. I can actually emphatize those who are looking for attention from others. No wonder ang daming broken families.

Marriage is hard. Ang layo ng mga concerns ko during my posts here nung single pa ako. "Why did I bother wanting to get married anyway?" - this is just one of usual thoughts running around... but then again, this is not a good thing to think.about.

And so, I dont know.. im trying to get numb each passing day. But there are times that I get bottled up and explode. Its a sad life, really. 

I guess I just wanted to share that loneliness exist even in marriage. So if your reason of getting married is for you NOT to be lonel, well, think again. Don't marry for the wrong reasons.

For a very helpful solution or tips, you may want to visit the site below:
https://unveiledwife.com/i-am-lonely-in-my-marriage-a-devotional/

Comments

Popular Posts