2 Months Bed Rest

Last May 10, during our monthly check-up with our OB-GYN, the doctor told us something I did not see coming.

Dra: "Ano bang work mo?"
Me: "uhm.. " (thinking on how to explain what i do. I just said..) ".. sa Unilever po."
Dra: "You should take at least 2 months bed rest"
Me: "ha?" (I didnt capture what she said. It's like a blur or something)

Then the Dra explained that my placenta is totally covering my cervix (which I already knew from last week's ultrasound result. And thanks to google, I was able to understand it *somehow).
She continued talking but it seems like my mind cant keep up with her. A lot is going through my head now.

Dra: "blah blah... we have to take the baby out. Ayaw naman natin yun kasi kasalanan yun",
Me: "ha?!"
(Waaaiit! bakit may ganitong usapan na?)

I shared to Dra that I've been having brown discharge at the end of the day after work (since this is my 1st pregnancy, I dont know if that's considered as "spotting" already). She said that my body is tired already & I am prone to bleeding. I need to have less physical movements until my placenta moves up. After 2 months, we will have our ultrasound again. Then we'll see what happens next.

*Placenta Previa*

At first, it felt like I was not in the right state of mind. Maybe I was shocked. The 1st sunday I cried during  the worship service as the song reminds me that our praises goes to God even if he allows the bad things in life. I cried because our baby doesn't deserve a mommy who is more worried with work & is having a hard time to obey. God is slowing me down & putting me on the right track as he prepares me to be a mom. He is indeed faithful with his promise to me that He will teach me how to raise a child before I got married.

I'm on my 16th day now of bed rest. The first week, I was working at home preparing the turnovers to my boss, assts & colleagues. My boss took my laptop so I will not be tempted to work & they will be able to manage the work I will be leaving. I'm blessed with supportive teammates & having unlimited sick leave so our expenses will be covered as well. The 2nd week was rough as it sinks in the sudden change of my routine, social life & lifestyle (will talk about that more in the coming days).

I pray that in this new journey that I am in will be ever so productive with God's grace. Hope you can include me & baby in your prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts