You better CHECK this OUT!
Saw this at the Yahoo jobs -->http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/career-articles-eight_top_fields_with_major_job_growth-223
Here's the article:
Eight Top Fields with Major Job Growth
Sonya Carmichael Jones, EarnMyDegree.com
The Big Opportunities
Some of the brightest futures are available in eight of the fastest growth industries and the top occupations that occur within them, as projected by the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics.
1. Industry: Home Health Care Services
Occupations: Registered nurses, health aids, nursing and physical therapists.Where the jobs are: Private agencies, residential care facilities, family services, private households.
2. Industry: Software Publishers
Occupations: Developers, system administrators, project manager, analysts.Where the jobs are: Telecommunication companies, banks, hospitals, major retailers,transportation and freight companies.
3. Industry: Management, Scientific and Technical Consulting
Occupations: Sales, marketing, financial services, software engineers, program managers.Where the jobs are: Bio-tech firms, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, call centers.
4. Industry: Residential Care
Occupations: Nursing assistants, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapy assistants,private nurses.Where the jobs are: Private hospitals, private agencies, outpatient care centers.
5. Industry: Facilities Support Services
Occupations: Property managers, building coordinators, administrative personnel.Where the jobs are: Asset management companies, government, commercial developers, real- estate firms, hotels, universities, hospitals.
6. Industry: Employment Services
Occupations: Recruiters, human resource managers, benefits administrators.Where the jobs are: Placement firms, professional employer organizations, major corporations, hospitals, universities.
7. Industry: Independent Artists, Writers and Performers
Occupations: Graphic design, photography, copywriting, website design, musical performers, dancers, actors.Where the jobs are: Restaurants, night clubs, casinos, newspapers, advertising agencies, theaters, television stations, cable networks, private agents.
8. Industry: Office Administration
Occupations: Office manager, administrative assistants, paralegals, legal assistants.Where the jobs are: Financial institutions, government, law firms, corporations, non-profit organizations.
If you're ready to snag your piece of the pie, here's a simple, effective strategy to get you started.
- Become familiar with what industries are expanding, and identify where the jobs are.
- Get to know what jobs fall within the major industries.
- Determine the skills and accomplishments you have or need to meet the requirements and showcase them on your resume. If you're not confident about your skills then consider taking a course, volunteering, or pursuing an internship to enhance your skills. It's also a good idea to look for mentors -- they can become your biggest ambassadors when you need an outstanding reference.
- Locate and research companies that you want to work for, and then network to make the right connections.
- Keep a positive attitude and be ready to jump in and work with all the skills and energy you've got.
- Explore education and career development opportunities.